Social network sites like Facebook, Twitter and MySpace are blocked on over half ( 54% ) of corporate networks, according to a recent survey of Chief Information Officers that was conducted by Robert Half Technology.
Furthermore, this 54% represents the percentage of CIOs surveyed who say that their corporations do not allow use of popular social networks by employees for any reason while on the job.
The officers were asked the following question: “Which of the following most closely describes your company’s policy on visiting social networking sites, such as Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, while at work?”
The CIOs’ responded to the social network question as follows:
– Prohibited completely – 54%
– Permitted for business purposes only – 19%
– Permitted for limited personal use – 16%
– Permitted for any type of personal use – 10%
– Don’t know/no answer – 1%
Source: Robert Half Technology