|  People Searches  |  Public Records  |

Locate Active Duty Military Personnel & Veterans

Military Personnel Locator, Military Records Search & Veteran Search

How To Locate US Military Personnel -- US Military Personnel Locator Information

The responsibility for handling military personnel locator and military records requests falls under the responsibility of the military branches.

All military locator requests for military personnel need to be sent to the respective service of the person whose location is being requested.

US military laws along with the Privacy Act of 1974 do not allow military branches to release a home address or phone number of military personnel. In addition, there is no comprehensive source for e-mail addresses.

Current laws do not allow the random release of names and addresses of military personnel. These laws were established to protect service personnel from unwanted solicitations and to protect their right to privacy.

Due to the large number of personnel locator requests that each military branch locator receives, you should expect about four weeks of processing time for a written locator request.

IMPORTANT: The information below is required for all military personnel locator requests:

•• Provide as much identifying information as you can about the person you want to locate such as: first name, middle name, last name, military rank, last duty assignment/last known military address, military service number, and Social Security number.

•• Military locator services are free only to immediate family members and government officials. Extended family members, friends, businesses and other people must pay $3.50 per locator request. A check or money order in that amount must be made out to the U.S. Treasury. This fee is not refundable.

Army Personnel Locator

The United States Army can help you locate military personnel on active duty only. You should mail army locator requests to:

U.S. Army Enlisted Records & Evaluation Center
ATTN: Locator
8899 East 56th Street
Fort Benjamin Harrison, IN 46249-5301

Navy Personnel Locator

The Navy personnel locator service can locate service people on active duty as well as former navy personnel whose service ended less than a year ago.

The Navy will also forward letters to personnel as long as the proper postage is on the envelope. You can phone the Navy locator service at 1-901-874-3388.

Unless you are active duty military personnel, local and federal government, or a family member, the cost for locating an address is $3.50 per request. You can mail your locator request with your fee. Checks or money orders should be made payable to the UNITED STATES TREASURER, and sent to the address below:

World Wide Locator
Bureau of Naval Personnel
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington, TN 38055-3120

United States Marine Corps Personnel Locator - USMC Locator

The US Marine Corps can find and provide the duty stations for active duty USMC personnel and USMC reservists. For retired Marine Corps personnel, the locator service can provide the city and state for the person, but they will not provide the person's address.

The Marine Corps locator service will also provide the service person's current rank and unit address; however, the USMC locator office will not forward mail except in special cases.

Telephone requests to the Marine Locator can be made at 1-703-640-3942/43 - telephone requests are free for immediate family members and government officials calling with official business. In addition, telephone service will be provided at no cost to any person, organization or business, if the Marine personnel locator decides the information would benefit the service member.

You can send all written Marine Corps locator requests to:

Commandant of the Marine Corps
Headquarters, USMC
Code MMSB-10
Quantico, VA 22134-5030
United States Air Force

United States Air Force Personnel Locator - USAF Locator

The Air Force can locate active duty USAF personnel, retirees, reservists and guardsmen. Personnel information is not available for people who have separated from the USAF or Army Air Corps retirees.

Personnel information on USAF individuals stationed overseas or in a sensitive military job will not be provided. However, the USAF locator service will forward mail to those people for up to 90 days, provided you put the correct postage on the envelope and any fees have been paid.

Parents, spouses, and official government personnel can call the locator at 1-210-652-5774 for a recorded message or 1-210-652-5775 for non-recorded help. For USAF locator service you can write to:

550 C Street, West, Suite 50
Randolph AFB, TX 78150-4752

• Additional Military Search Sites That Can Help You Locate Military Personnel •

USASearch.gov - How To Find U.S. Armed Forces Personnel and Veterans

USASearch.gov - How To Locate Military Personnel and Veterans

Veteran's Affairs Gravesite Locator

VA Gravesite Search
The VA gravesite search can help you find the location of deceased US veterans buried in VA national cemeteries.

US Military Postal Services

US Military Postal Services

Military Records

NARA Military Records Archives

Military Reunions & Military News

Military Connections
A site devoted to military reunions, military locators and military news.

Selective Service Registration Search

Selective Service SSN Search
Verify that a male is registered for the Selective Service. Enter the person's last name, social security number and date of birth to search for a valid registration. This is a good way to verify that an 18+ y/o male's name, social security SSN number and date of birth match up.