A recent online dating survey conducted by Online Schools reveals some interesting data regarding men and women who use online dating sites.
The online dating study shows:
1. The US has 40 million users of online dating sites; China has 140 million users of online dating sites and India has 15 million users of online dating services.
2. The most popular online dating sites are eHarmony with 20 million users and Match.com with 15 million users.
3. Online dating users are 52.4% male and 47.6% female.
4. The online dating industry is over a $1 billion dollar a year industry.
5. 1 out of 10 online dating users is a scammer.
6. In the US, male users of online dating site typically lie about age, height and income; while women typically lie about weight, physical build and age.
7. 1 out of 6 sex offenders use online dating sites to meet people.
Via: Online Schools