KDnuggets data mining site recently released a poll of its users to determine the top business uses and fields where Data Mining was used in 2009.
Here are the top ten areas for data mining use from the KDnuggets poll:
– CRM/ consumer analytics [ 32.8% ]
– Banking [ 24.4% ]
– Direct Marketing and Fundraising [ 16.1% ]
– Credit Scoring [ 15.6% ]
– Telecommunications and Cable Services [ 14.4% ]
– Fraud Detection [ 13.9% ]
– Retail [ 11.7% ]
– Healthcare HR [ 11.7% ]
– Financial Services [ 11.1% ]
– Science and Advertising tied at [ 10.6% ]
The areas where the use of data mining made the greatest gains from 2008 to 2009 were Education, Social Networks, e-Commerce and Healthcare / HR.
The entire KDnuggets data mining poll can be viewed at KDnuggets 2009 Data Mining Poll